Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Valentine Topiary

The arrangements I made for our work bathrooms in December that you can see here were still in the bathrooms all dried up looking.  I though it was time to revamp them for Valentines.  I had so much fun making my valentine topiary you can see here, that I decided to make a little one using the same glass vase I used for the Christmas arrangement. 
This arrangement cost me about a dollar to make since the styrofoam balls come in a package of 6 for a dollar and I only used half a bag of rose petals that also cost a dollar.  I used some cupcake liners to fill  in the top.  I typed in some valentine words at http://www.wordle.net/ to create a word cloud that I could use to hide the green foam.  Wordle is so much fun, you have to try it. I covered the wood dowel in crepe paper (Birthday streamer) since I was too lazy to paint it.
This little topiary brings a little life to our ugly work bathroom, it hardly cost anything and it makes me happy to see it when I wash my hands :)  Stay tuned for cupcake liner topiary---my last valentine topiary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com