Sunday, January 23, 2011

1st Birthday Decor

I have not had much time to craft anything lately being back at work full-time but I did want to create something special for my little guy's 1st Birthday.  I decided to do a puppy dog theme as he loves dogs.  A quick search at  a few stores proved unsuccessful in finding anything party-dog related.  I received a silhouette electronic cutter for Christmas from my husband and decide it would be my first project to make a few little decorations for his Birthday. 
I started with a banner for the mantle spelling out his name. I bought two graphics at the silhouette online store for 0.99 cent each and used 4 sheets of different colour card stock.  I wanted to use mini clothespins to attach the flags to the gift ribbon but I didn't have any so I used paper clips. I had a green bone in between the R and E but it seems to be missing.  
I also made these little dogs to hang on my china cabinet (sorry these are not the greatest photos).
For a frugal centrepiece I bought 2 packs of doggy paw tennis balls at the dollar store and put them into a clear glass vase.

I ordered the cake from our neighbour that does them on the side and I used doggy gift wrap for a table cloth and since it did not get dirty I rolled it back up and will use it again for gift wrap:)
I wish I would have had more time to play with theme as there is so much I could have done.  I was supposed to make dog bone shaped cookies but I just ran out of time.  I also would have liked to have had everyone bring a donation to our local animal shelter whether it be a used towel, blanket or food etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com