Friday, December 24, 2010

Festive Fresh Flower Arrangement

I already made a Christmas Centrepiece this year but it was too big to have on the table at dinner.  Luckily my Birthday is right before Christmas and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my mom.
Tall flowers don't really work at the table for obvious reasons, so I decided to shorten them and copy an idea I saw on Sarah Richardson's Christmas Special.  She used a "Mud Bud" for mudding the walls to put fresh flowers in and I had one in the workshop!  I removed the labels off the sides and put floral foam in the base of it.
I started by adding the baby's breath and than I added the other flowers.
This would look even better with a mirror underneath it so that the tea lights reflect not only in the "Mud Bud" but in the mirror.  Its the perfect size to keep on the table during dinner.
I also sprayed the whole arrangement with floral glitter for a more festive touch.
I used the leftover flowers to put into a small vase for the bathroom. I felt bad at first cutting the flowers, but I can actually see and enjoy the flowers much better at this height. I will be using this mud bud again!

1 comment:

  1. Flower bouquet is simply awesome. Last week had arranged my lunch party. There had done great floral arrangements. I took different colored flowers to prepare best floral bouquet. Purchased them from Flowers NYC service. Was very happy to make awesome bouquets.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com